Getting married in the Virgin Islands
Getting married in the United States Virgin Islands is very easy and stress free. No blood test or a day stay is required. Both the marriage license application and certificate of marriage forms must be completed and signed by both applicants. If this is not the first marriage for either party, then an original divorce decree from the applicant(s) most recent divorce must be obtained from the court where the divorce was made final to include the court stamp, judges signature or raised seal (not notarized) and in English.
All applicants must be divorced for at least (30) days or more prior to your wedding date. If any of the applicant is a widow, a death certificate is required. When in doubt or unsure about filling out the application, we at Flawless Weddings and Events VI will love to help, just let us know!
Once the forms are completed, we will have them processed to the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands. Once these documents are processed, they become property of the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands.
Picking up of Marriage License
Applicants are required to appear before the Superior Court to be sworn in prior to legally getting married in the Virgin Islands. Applicants can appear together or separately, but must be sworn in before a wedding can be legal in the United States Virgin Islands. A government issued form of identification is require per each applicant. The form of identification can be a Passport or a Driver’s License.
Business casual attire is required. No flip flops, short pants or skirt, no open shoulders, no tank top or swim wears. Remember to dress appropriately or you will be denied from entering the Superior Court of the Virgin Islands.
Marriage License Fee:
The cost of the marriage license application and certificate of marriage license application fee is $200.00 for application pick up on regular working days Monday – Friday. The fee is $350.00 for Saturday’s, Sunday’s and Holidays. Please see below for the Holiday Schedule and hours of operation.
An apostille can also be obtained for all countries requiring an apostille. Ask your wedding planner for more details.
Superior Court of the Virgin Islands – Holiday Schedule and Hours of Operation
The Superior court of the Virgin Islands regular hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 am- 5:00 pm. See holiday date and hour of operation per date below:
** ~ Superior Court is closed for Business.
* ~ A holiday in the Virgin Islands, however, the Superior Court is opened from 9:30 AM – 11:30 AM – Sunday – Friday and Saturdays 10:00 am- 12:00 noon and by appointments ONLY
- January 1st- New Year`s Day*
- January 6th Three Kings Day**
- January- Martin Luther King Day*- 3rd Monday of January
- February- Presidents` Day**-3rd Monday of February
- March 31st Transfer Day **
- April- Holy Thursday (Thursday before Easter) **
- April Good Friday*
- April – Easter Sunday** & Easter Monday**
- Call the courts for Carnival schedule for April and May – (340) 774-6680 and ask for the Marriage License Department
- May- Memorial Day*- Last Monday of May
- July 3rd- VI Emancipation Day**
- July 4th Independence Day*
- September – Labor Day*-First Monday is September
- October -Columbus Day*- 2nd Monday in October
- November 11th Veterans Day **
- November 26 & 27 Thanksgiving Day*- 4th Thursday in November
- December 24th Christmas Eve Open 8:00 am-12:00 noon
- 25 December Christmas Day*
- 26 December Boxing Day**
- December 31st- New Year’s Eve- 8:00 am-12: Noon